Oodies are known for their fluffy, soft, and warm qualities, but they require special care to maintain their excellent softness and top-quality condition. Regular washing is important to remove sweat, dirt, and other bodily fluids from your Oodie, ensuring that it stays fresh and hygienic. Additionally, regular washing will help to maintain the fluffiness and softness of your Oodie, preserving its cozy appeal.
If you’re looking to refresh the coziness of your Oodie, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll walk you through a simple step-by-step guide on how to wash Oodie, so you can enjoy its comfort and warmth while keeping it clean. Let’s follow the oodie washing instructions and make your oodie in a new condition.
How often you need to wash your Oodie depends on how often you use it and how dirty it becomes. For daily use, we recommend washing your Oodie once a week to keep it in optimal condition. However, if you use it occasionally, you can extend the time between washes to every two to three weeks.
To start the washing process of Oodie, you’ll need a few required items:
- Your Oodie
- A washing machine
- Mild detergent
- Cold water
- A laundry bag (optional) for added protection
Wash Like a Pro with These Step-by-Step Oodie Washing Instructions
Keep your Oodie comfy and clean for a long time by following these simple step-by-step washing instructions.
1. Preparing for the Wash
- Check your Oodie care label to confirm whether it is machine washable on a gentle cycle. Most Oodies are machine washable, but it’s always good to check first before washing.
- Turn the Oodie inside out, to protect the exterior, and keep it fluffy.
2. Machine Washing
Now time to start the washing process:
- Place your inside-out Oodie into the washing machine.
- To ensure the fabric remains undamaged, select the cold water setting for the wash.
- Follow the care label’s recommendation and choose the gentle cycle on your machine.
3. Detergent Adding
Carefully add a “small amount” of mild detergent to the washing machine. Remember to avoid using too much detergent, as an excess of detergent can harm the Oodie’s softness.
4. Select Washing Setting for Your Oodie
To wash your Oodie, put it in the washing machine on a gentle cycle. Use cold water and mild detergent. Let the machine work its magic!
5. Drying the Oodie
Once the washing cycle is done, it’s time to dry the Oodie:
- Carefully take your Oodie out from the machine.
- Flip it inside out to make sure both the inside and outside get thoroughly dry.
6. Air Drying
To keep your Oodie fluffy and be kind to the environment, consider air drying:
- Hang your Oodie on a suitable surface or a line. Make sure it’s in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight or heat.
Once your Oodie is completely dry, it will smell fresh and feel super cozy. You can then turn it right side out, fluff it up a bit, and it’s ready to wear again.
Tips for Keeping Your Oodie Soft and Cozy for Years
Here are some simple tips to keep your Oodie fresh, soft, and comfy:
- Regular inspection for any spots, stains, or dirt
- Spot cleaning (Use a damp cloth and a mild detergent)
- Avoid high temperatures
- Mild Detergent
- Avoid using fabric softeners
- Use a Gentle cycle to wash in the machine
- Always turn inside out before washing
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Follow label instructions
- Avoid over washing
By following these tips, you can enjoy your Oodie for many years to come!